The die is cast! Two happy winners have been chosen to attend our legendary Ulfborg Field Shooting Event 2018. For all of you who unfortunately did not win we still have good news. The entire event will be featured on this website as well as on the social media channels of the organizers.
The story so far: For the first time ever ZEISS, Sauer, Härkila and Lapua gave away two tickets for the legendary product testing event exclusively for their social media fans. Since the initial event in 2013, the Ulfborg Field Shooting Event in northwestern Denmark has become a highlight for the international hunting press and a dream for many hunters. The event is held at one of Europe’s most thrilling shooting ranges, the legendary Skyttecenter Ulfborg featuring more than 35 different stands at distances between 10 and 600 metres.
In addition to the exclusive location, our winners will not only have the opportunity to test the latest premium equipment provided by ZEISS, Sauer, Lapua and Härkila. They will also receive valuable tips and tricks from professional shooting instructors for all aspects of long-range shooting. The highlight of the event is the traditional team competition, with a proud winner receiving a complete set of equipment as a prize.
Throughout the whole event ZEISS Ambassadors David Carsten Pedersen and Anette Dahl will accompany our winners as personal Ulfborg guides and team members for the annual competition. Both seasoned hunters and experts in their fields, they will make sure that our lucky winners get the most out of their days in Denmark.
Carl Zeiss Sports Optics GmbH
35576 Wetzlar, Germany
Tel.: +49 6441 404-0
Fax: +49 6441 404-203
Registered office of the company: 35576 Wetzlar, Germany
Local Court of Wetzlar, HRB 5312
VAT ID No.: DE 813 305 503
Managing Director: Christian Bannert
Information published under the ZEISS domain may include references to products and services that may not be advertised or available in your country.
Such information does not imply any intention on the part of ZEISS to also offer these products and services in your country. If necessary, please contact our regional distributor who will be pleased to inform you about the availability of these products and services.
Presentation of products or services on our website does not constitute a binding sales offer.
If software is offered free of charge for download, ZEISS assumes no liability for any damages resulting from downloading or using the software.
The software is downloaded and used at your own risk to the exclusion of any liability or warranty, unless ZEISS acts with intent or gross negligence.
In some places we make reference to third-party websites and have provided links to these websites. We only provide such information if we are satisfied of the reliability of the provider.
ZEISS owns all rights to the content and design of its websites and reserves such rights. The intellectual property and our trademarks contained on our websites are protected by copyright. Text, images and graphics on our websites and their arrangement etc. as well as animations and software are subject to copyright protection and other protective legislation. Reproduction or duplication of the content in whole or in part is not permitted without our written consent. No licence to use intellectual property is granted through this website. ZEISS reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue websites at any time without prior notification.
Notwithstanding careful compilation of the content of our websites, we assume no liability for its correctness, accuracy, completeness or uninterrupted access. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any direct or indirect damages, including lost profits incurred due to the use or in connection with information provided on this website. We reserve the right to make amendments or supplements to the information provided at any time.
Treat other users the way you would like to be treated.
Please bear in mind that you are dealing with individuals and not virtual personalities.
Present firm arguments without personal attacks or arguments relating to the person.
Insults, sexual innuendo and sexist or racist remarks of any kind are prohibited.
Everyone has the right to their own opinion. Never try to force your opinion on others.
The comment shall be deleted or the IP address blocked from posting further comments in cases of the following:
Misuse as advertising space for websites or services
Automatic posting of comments
Offering of goods or services (commercial or private)
Persons being insulted or humiliated in any way
Infringement of third-party rights, particularly copyrights
Announcements of demonstrations and rallies of any political orientation
Comments that are not written in the specified language
Advocating of violence against persons, institutions or companies
Racism and hate propaganda
Comments that are not related to the post commented on
These rules also apply to the use of names. We will not tolerate violations of these guidelines and reserve the right to delete, edit, relocate and close topics and posts. Each user is responsible for the posts that he publishes.
The comments on our posts reflect the views of individual readers alone. Carl Zeiss AG assumes no responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of content.
ZEISS would like to thank you for your confidence.
(1) In order to be able to participate in the competition, it is essential to register specifying personal data, in particular first name, last name and e-mail address. There is no entitlement to registration.
(2) The Organiser collects, processes, uses and stores the data of the participant(s) specified during registration exclusively for the duration of the competition and prize draw for the purposes of organising and executing the competition and transmits it for the aforementioned purpose, as required, to the transport companies and advertising agencies to be commissioned and the other partners involved in the event (JP Sauer & Sohn GmbH, Nammo Lapua Oy, Seeland International A / S). Registration data shall not be used or stored for other purposes by the Organiser or third parties without the express consent of the participant(s).
(3) The participant may consent to specified personal data being used by the Organiser and by third parties commissioned by the Organiser for advertising purposes. Consent to the use of the personal data of the participant(s) for advertising purposes is expressly not a prerequisite for participation in the competition.
(4) In the case of a prize, the winner(s) agree(s) to the publication of his/her/their name, his submitted content (text, image, video) and place of residence in the advertising media used by the Organiser. The winner hands over all rights to the material submitted by him/her (text, image, video) as well as the image/video material produced during the event, without limitation in time or scope. All material can be used on the Internet as well as on Facebook. This includes the announcement of the winner on the website of the operator and its social media platforms.
(5) All personal data of the participant(s) shall be processed and used by the Organiser in accordance with the legal regulations.
Participation in the competition and prize draw as well as its organisation are subject to the following provisions:
The competition Ulfborg Field Shooting Event 2018 with a prize draw for participation in the event held between 29/6/2018 and 1/7/2018 (including food, accommodation and a travel allowance of up to 250 EUR) and testing of the equipment provided (including ammunition) (hereinafter "prize", "competition "or "prize draw") is organised by Carl Zeiss Sports Optics GmbH, Gloelstrasse 3-5, 35576 Wetzlar, Germany (hereinafter "Organiser"). The sole Organiser is the party awarding prizes as set out in Section 657 of the German Civil Code [BGB].
(1) Only natural persons who have reached the age of 18 and are domiciled in one of the following countries ("Participants") are entitled to enter the competition subject to the exception in Section 2 (2):
Andorra, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Great Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Canada, Croatia, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, the Czech Republic, Hungary, the USA and Cyprus.
Participants under the age of 18 will not receive a prize.
(2) Not all participants in the competition are eligible to enter into the prize draw. Only those with a valid licence to purchase/possess a firearm, such as a valid hunting licence and/or a valid firearms licence for target shooting sports, as required by the law of their country of residence are entitled to participate. If, at the time of entry in the competition or at the time of the prize being awarded, the participant does not have a valid licence to purchase/possess a firearm in accordance with the legal requirements of the country of residence, he shall be automatically excluded from the prize draw. He gives his assurance that he possesses a valid licence to purchase/possess a firearm at the time of participation in accordance with the legal requirements of the respective state of residence by clicking on the appropriate field when entering his data in accordance with Section 2 (4). He shall provide the Organiser with proof of possession of a valid licence to purchase/possess a firearm in accordance with the legal requirements of the respective state of residence before the prize is awarded or sent. If the participant is unable to provide such proof, the right to the prize shall be forfeited without compensation.
(3) Entry in this competition is free of charge, not limited to customers of the organiser and not contingent on the purchase of goods or services.
(4) The competition can only be entered online on the organiser's homepage (www.ulfb.org). To this end, the participant accepts the dispatch of the newsletter, answers the competition question, completes the designated entry form online and submits it accordingly via the designated function in the entry form. For the determination of the prizewinners, only entry forms that accept the Terms and Conditions of Participation, duly confirm the right to purchase/possess firearms (Section 2 (2)) and provide all details in a complete and correct manner can be considered. The participant is solely responsible for the accuracy of the information provided (in particular, his telephone number and postal/e-mail address).
(5) The personal data of the participant must be truthful. Failing which, he shall be excluded from the competition as well as the prize draw in accordance with Section 3 Paragraph 2 (d) of these Terms and Conditions of Participation. The participant will only be informed of his prize by e-mail. We expressly note that the winner does not need to further confirm acceptance by calling back a premium service (0900), mass calling services (0137), split-cost services (0180) or similar value-added phone numbers. Such requests are not made by the organiser. Therefore, should the participant receive a request to call back to confirm the prize, irrespective of the means of communication, we strongly recommend that you ignore this request because, as far as we know, they serve fraudulent purposes.
(6) Each participant participates in the competition and the prize-draw with one single registration. Using multiple email addresses or multiple Facebook profiles to increase your chances of winning ("multiple registrations") is strictly prohibited. Multiple registrations lead to exclusion from the competition in accordance with Section 3 Paragraph 4 of these Terms and Conditions of Participation.
(1) Employees of the Organiser as well as all other persons involved in the development and implementation of the competition and the prize draw as well as their family members are excluded from participation in the competition and the prize draw.
(2) In addition, the operator reserves the right to exclude participants from entering the competition and the prize draw at its own discretion, if legitimate reasons exist, in particular
(a) in the case of manipulation in connection with access to or the organisation of the competition and the prize draw,
(b) in the event of violations of these Terms and Conditions of Participation, particularly in the case of false statements concerning the possibility of taking part in the prize draw (Section 2 (2)).
(c) in the event of unfair conduct; or
(d) in the case of false or misleading information about the participant(s) relating to participation in the competition and prize draw.
(3) The Organiser reserves the right to exclude participants from the competition and the prize draw, insofar as it appears necessary for the sake of fairness and equal opportunities with respect to other participants.
(4) The Organiser reserves the right to exclude participants from the competition in the event of multiple registrations.
(1) In the competition, the drawing of lots will determine the prizewinners.
(2) All participants who fulfil the requirements during the competition stated in Section 2 (2) take part in the prize draw.
(3) Entry in the competition is only possible during the participation period (15 May 2018, 00:00 (CET) until 10 June 2018, 24:00 (CET). Entries received once the participation period has ended will not be considered for prize draws and prizes.
(4) The prize draw will take place on 12 June 2018 and the winners will be announced on the website and on the social web later that day.
(5) The prizewinners are usually notified by e-mail within 2 working days of the prize draw. Claim to the prize proceeds only exist once the prize notification has been received. The participant is responsible for the correctness of the specified e-mail address.
(6) Claim to the prize proceeds shall be forfeited if the prize cannot be transferred within 5 days of the first notification of the prize for reasons caused by the winner.
(7) The Organiser reserves the right to replace the two accompanying ambassadors if this becomes necessary for critical reasons (e.g. illness). Winners are allocated to the two companions randomly by drawing lots.
(8) The prizes are only distributed by the Organiser (if abroad, then with the involvement of an authorised trademark agency) upon presentation of a valid identity card and a valid hunting licence/valid firearms licence for target shooting or a permit required in the winner's respective country for the purchase of firearms. This must be done before the event starts.
(11) The prizes will not be paid in cash.
(12) Claim to the prize proceeds or any compensation can not be transferred.
(13) The winner is responsible for any taxation of the prize.
(1) The winner must notify the Organiser of any obvious defects of the prize within 10 days of receiving the prize. To comply with this notice period, timely notification of the complaint is sufficient. If the notice period is not complied with, there shall be no warranty claims for obvious defects.
(2) The Organiser is not liable for damages resulting from errors, delays or interruptions in transmission, in the event of faults of the technical equipment or the service, due to incorrect content, loss or erasure of data, viruses or in any other way during participation in the competition and prize draw, unless such damage is caused by the Organiser (its bodies, employees or vicarious agents) intentionally or due to gross negligence or violation of cardinal obligations. Damage caused by injury to life, limb and health remains unaffected.
3) Complaints relating to the organisation of the competition must be made out in writing to the Organiser within 14 days of the issue coming to light. Complaints submitted by telephone or that are delayed are not taken into account.
The Organiser expressly reserves the right to terminate the competition without prior notice and without stating reasons. The Organiser makes use of this possibility in particular if, for technical or legal reasons, proper organisation of the competition and prize draw cannot be guaranteed. If such termination was caused by the conduct of a participant, the Organiser reserves the right to claim damages from this participant.
The participant may revoke his declared entry in the competition at any time. Revocation must be made out in writing to the contact data of the event Organiser provided in the legal notice section of the website www.ulfb.org. Once participation in the competition has been revoked, the collected and stored personal data of the participant shall be deleted immediately. The participant thereby withdraws from participating in the competition and prize draw.
This action is not affiliated with Facebook and is in no way sponsored, supported or organised by Facebook. For this reason, there are no legal claims against Facebook. Participation via Facebook takes place exclusively under these Terms and Conditions of Participation.
(1) Questions or complaints pertaining to the competition and the prize draw must be sent to the Organiser. Contact details can be found in the legal notice section of the website www.ulfb.org
(2) Legal recourse is excluded.
(3) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies exclusively.
(4) If a provision of these Terms and Conditions of Participation is or becomes invalid, in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain hereby unaffected. The invalid provision shall be replaced by a legally admissible provision, which comes closest to the commercial intent and purpose of the invalid provision. The same applies in the event of a loophole in these Terms and Conditions of Participation.
(5) The Terms and Conditions of Participation and Organisation may be amended by the Organiser at any time without prior notice and without stating reasons. Supplements and ancillary agreements to the terms and conditions of prize handling must be made in writing in order to be valid.